- This event has passed.
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT)
January 24 - January 25
This workshop aims to provide delegates a strategic understanding on how to combat money laundering and financing terrorist within their organisation or agencies. It enables delegates to effectively combat ML and FT by recognising the challenges posed in the implementation of ML and FT regime. This workshop teaches delegates how to conduct risk assessment findings and process used for assessing risks relating AML and CFT in Southeast Asia region. Apart from that, delegates will learn how to establish an effective working relationship as reporting entity with AML/CFT Regulators and FIUs. Most importantly, delegates will master the investigative techniques and approaches of ML and FT crimes. This highly interactive workshop will ensure delegates walkway with the skills and knowledge of combating ML and FT.
What you will learn from this Masterclass:
- GAIN INSIGHTS into financial sectors role in supporting government’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Financing Terrorism (CFT).
- IDENTIFY AND DIFFERENTIATE the difference between Money Laundering (ML) and Financing Terrorist (FT) concepts, principles and techniques.
- RECOGNISE the stages of ML and FT and how their origins in criminal activities can be disguised to avoid being detected.
- EXAMINE the risks terrorism financing present, ASSESS these risks and what challenges jurisdictions are facing in COMBATING ML and FT effectively.
- CEASE terrorist revenue and funding streams from entering formal financial markets with effective investigation techniques.
- STRENGTHEN the role of private sector stakeholders in identifying and disrupting money launder and terrorism financing.
- AML/CFT Analyst
- Conduct, Compliance and Operational Risk Officer
- Financial Crime Officer
- Financial Investigation and Intelligence Officer
Expert Trainer has accumulated over 40 years of expertise in the field of investigating financial crime and combating money laundering and terrorist financing.
Expert Trainer has been engaged full time as consultant on Anti Money Laundering/Counter Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) having worked in over 20 countries during the past seven years while working with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank (WB), United Nations Office on Drugs (UNODC SE Asia Counter Financing of Terrorism Programme, Bangkok), UN Global Money Laundering Programme (UNGPML – Namibia) and, the UN Counter Terrorism Sanctions Implementation Working Group for Implementation of the UNSCR 1267 and 1373 Security Council CFT Sanctions (New York).
In a consulting role, Expert Trainer has provided technical assistance to support governments strengthen AML/CFT regimes including developing national strategies and policies, strengthen laws and building the capacity of law enforcement, FIU’s, prosecutors and other related AML/CFT stakeholders to combat ML and FT.
Expert Trainer is a trained FATF evaluator (qualified in 2013) and has participated as the FIU and law enforcement expert in the FATF country mutual evaluations of South Africa, Thailand and Philippines.
Practical Exercise (s)
- Group Exercise ML and FT practical exercise which encourages participants “to think how terrorist financers take advantages of vulnerabilities and weaknesses in AML/CFT regimes
- Group Exercise ML and FT practical exercise which encourages participants “approaches to conducting ML/FT investigations”
Interested to be part of this training?
Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Workshop venue to be confirmed.