- This event has passed.
Upstream Petroleum Economics: Economics, Risk, Fiscal Analysis
15-Oct-2019 - 17-Oct-2019
This 3-day Upstream Petroleum Economics is specially designed to equip delegates with the skills and techniques to evaluate and make decisions on petroleum projects. The workshop covers cash flow analysis, economic indicators, risk analysis and fiscal analysis. Throughout the workshop, participants will complete practical exercises and examples to reinforce their understanding of the concepts.
What you will learn from this Masterclass:
- UNDERSTAND the way in which the oil and gas industry evaluates and makes decisions on petroleum project investments.
- CALCULATE and INTERPRET economic indicators.
- APPLY risk analysis to oil and gas investments.
- EVALUATE petroleum fiscal and PSC terms of worldwide.
- APPLY the principles of economic/financial analysis through practical instruction in the analytical techniques used in the industry.
- PREPARE economic analyses and to review critically the analyses prepared by others.
- RECOGNISE and DIFFERENTIATE between good and bad practice in oil and gas industry economic/financial evaluation
- Financial managers
Expert Trainer has over 40 years’ experience as a petroleum economist in the upstream industry. Expert Trainer is an international consultant in petroleum economics.
Expert Trainer has presented over 200 short courses for the petroleum industry in the Asia, Europe, USA and Africa on petroleum economics and worldwide PSC/fiscal regimes. He has also given frequent presentations to oil and finance industry seminars and conferences internationally.
Expert Trainer has held various petroleum economics and commercial positions in the oil and gas industry. He has advised companies and governments in the Asia/Pacific region on petroleum PSC and fiscal terms. He has valued many petroleum properties and companies for acquisition and sale; prepared economics research reports on oil and gas industry projects and has provided commercial support for oil field operations and investments worldwide.
- Preparing a net cash flow projection.
- Determining economic life and estimating reserves.
- Calculating tax and demonstrating the economic effects of typical tax regime.
- Calculating cost recovery and profit sharing.
- Generating cash flow incorporating inflation.
- Showing the effect of fiscal drag.
- Calculating NPV and demonstrating its features.
- Calculating real and nominal NPVs.
- Calculating IRR and interpreting multiple IRRs.
- Calculating payback.
- Calculating CPI.
- Incremental economics and the effects of fiscal terms.
- Preparing sensitivity analyses and using them to make investment decisions.
- Preparing probability analysis and defining the statistics.
- Using probability and combining uncertain oil industry variables.
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Economics of drilling, farming out acreage and the effects of fiscal terms on exploration decisions.
- Calculating the net cash flow of an example field development under the countries’ fiscal terms.
Interested to be part of this training?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
Workshop venue to be confirmed.