- This event has passed.
Gas & LNG Contract, Pricing and Dispute Resolution, Malaysia
11-Apr-2018 - 13-Apr-2018
This 3-day Gas and LNG Contract, Pricing and Dispute Resolution Masterclass will provide delegates a strategic understanding and skills to draft Gas and LNG Contracts. Delegates will be equipped with the knowledge of the different types of agreements involved and its respective terms and clauses.
In addition, delegates will have the opportunity to learn how dispute is addressed in Gas and LNG commercial contracts. Delegates will also identify different approaches to prevent, manage and de-escalate disputes and its possible prevention techniques.
This Masterclass does not only address the key clauses found in gas and LNG contracts but also allows delegates the opportunity to identify common mistakes to be avoided when drafting Gas and LNG contracts.
What you will learn from this Masterclass:
- IDENTIFY various Gas and LNG Agreements involved.
- ESTABLISH the Gas and LNG pricing formula and structures.
- MASTER the detailed construction of the LNG Sales and Purchase Agreement and its clauses.
- ABILITY to negotiate of LNG Sales and Purchase Agreements in a multi-cultural environment.
- UNDERSTAND the different approaches to prevent, avoid, control, manage and de-escalate disputes.
- MINIMISE the risk involved in Gas and LNG Contracts.
- Asset managers
- Consultants, Advisers
- Contract Negotiators / Commercial Managers
- E&P professionals and managers
- Financial Controllers
- Gas sales and marketing executives
- Government Officials and Regulators
- New entrants to the sector
- Operation Managers
- Project Contract Negotiators / Commercial Managers
- Project Owners / Sponsors
- Senior Engineering and Project Managers
- Services Sector providers
- Strategists, planners and analysts
Armed with 43 years of experience, Expert Trainer specialises in strategic, commercial and transportation aspects of oil and gas and has a detailed understanding of regulatory and institutional arrangements, with emphasis on mid and downstream aspects (transportation and processing) and distribution/ supply.
Since becoming a consultant in 1993, Expert Trainer has advised a number of European, US, Asian and Australian oil and gas companies, gas and LNG sellers and buyers, utilities and banks on commercial and contractual aspects of oil and gas projects. He has been involved in many projects and high-level plans related to oil, gas, LPG and LNG storage and transmission and sales.
Expert Trainer has also advised a number of governments (UK, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Vietnam, Côte d’Ivoire, Czech Republic, China, Bulgaria, Croatia, Ecuador, India, Thailand, South Africa, Kenya, Romania, Serbia, Mozambique, UNMIK in Kosovo, Rwanda and North and South Sudan, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Syria, Djibouti) on oil, gas, downstream oil and LPG, industry structure, development policy, concession terms, energy export options, contractual matters and financial claims.
Expert Trainer was involved in Ministerial level investigations of complex international disputes on construction projects. In 2011, he was part of investigation team with Ministry of Department of Public Enterprise in South Africa on the major cost increases and delays on the 23 billion Rand oil pipeline and terminal system. He also acted as sole joint expert for the ICC on a construction dispute concerning the Greek pipeline system with over 100 heads of claim. Expert Trainer was also a High Court expert on capacity planning on the UK gas network and participated as Subject Matter Expert on various aspects of litigation support.
HIGH IMPACT LEARNING - Gas Sales Negotiation Exercise
- Participants will be divided into teams and practise the negotiation of the principal terms of a large gas agreement.
- The exercise will give practical insight into gas pricing, take or pay, make-up and carry forward, duration and termination conditions, long term force majeure, creditworthiness and payment guarantees, shortfall provisions, quality tolerance and off-spec gas, issues surrounding future gas terms etc. as well as the negotiating process itself.
HIGH IMPACT LEARNING - Case Study 1
- LNG and Gas in UAE and Mozambique
HIGH IMPACT LEARNING - Case Study 2
- The Singapore LNG Terminal: The Aggregator Role and Terminal Use Agreements
Interested to be part of this training?
Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Venue to be confirmed.