- This event has passed.
Effective Pump Optimisation Masterclass
9-Dec-2018 - 11-Dec-2018
This Masterclass is designed to help engineers and technicians better understand how to optimise both existing and new pumping systems that will lead to reduced life cycle costs, major reductions in energy usage and improved reliability. The key focus area this Masterclass will cover include:
- Overview of centrifugal pump operation and the benefits of improved efficiency
- Pump and system interaction and the total cost of ownership.
- Benefit of adopting the system approach vs pump component.
- Understanding NPSH and the effects of cavitation.
- Designing more efficient pumping systems.
- Scope and opportunities for pump system optimization.
- Improving the performance of existing pumping systems.
- How to carry out a pump assessment.
- Condition Monitoring Technicians
- Consulting Engineers
- Instrumentation Technicians
- Maintenance Engineers
- Mechanical Foremen
- Operations Managers
- Plant Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Pump Operators
- Specifiers and Purchasers of Pumps
- Vibration Specialist
Expert Trainer has over 30 years of experience in the pumping industry. He has carried out more than 30 pumping system assessments and scoping studies, both in SA and around the world at industries such as:
- Bulk and municipal water supply
- Iron and steel manufacturing
- Petrochemical and process plants
- Mining (underground, open cast, dune mining) and mineral process plants
- Power stations
- Pulp and sugar
Expert Trainer has also been contracted by NCPC in South Africa to implement recommendations made during the above assessments, saving local industry in SA millions of Rands in energy savings.
Expert Trainer has recently been appointed as one of only two International Pump Experts for the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) delivering expert pump training programmes in South Africa, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Philippines. He has also recently been involved in the ‘Train the Trainer’ programme, whereby a group of pump experts have been selected to be developed as pump trainers themselves.
In addition to training for UNIDO, Expert Trainer personally presents a 3-day workshop on improving the efficiency and reliability of pumping systems, drawing on his wealth of experience. The workshop has been supported by Eskom and the National Energy Efficiency Agency as a valuable tool to help industry achieve their targeted 15% savings in electricity.
HIGH IMPACT LEARNING - Case Study 1
- Successful pump improvement projects.
HIGH IMPACT LEARNING - Case Study 2
- How other companies have reduced their energy usage
Interested to be part of this training?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
Venue to be confirmed.