Business Focused Data Visualisation, Dashboard and Data Story Design
March 27 - March 28
This two-day workshop provides practical knowledge, grounded in high-quality academic research and industry best practice, that will help people to design and develop data visualisations, dashboards and data stories that decision makers enjoy using and consider valuable to the business.
The key element of this workshop is that it is technology independent. The principles and processes covered in the workshop can be successfully applied to the design and development of any data visualisation, dashboard and data story irrespective of the BI and analytics platform being used.
The workshop combines learning data visualisation, dashboard and data storytelling design concepts and best practices, small group exercises to help participants immediately apply what they have learned and discussion sessions where participants can ask questions arising from their own business projects.
What you will learn from this workshop:
- USE KNOWLEDGE of human visual and thinking processes to guide the design of attractive and effective data visualisations, dashboards and data stories.
- EXPLAIN how data visualisations, dashboards and data stories support analytics and data-driven decision making.
- CHOOSE the correct form to communicate data and information simply, clearly and accurately to business users.
- APPLY best practice design principles to the design of data visualisations dashboards and data stories.
- ADOPT decision-driven design and evolutionary development to create data visualisations, dashboards and data stories that are useful for business users.
- INTERACT with business users to gather the correct requirements for a data visualisation, dashboard and data stories.
- Business Intelligence Designer / Analyst / Developer
- Reporting Designer / Analyst / Developer
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Finance Analyst
- Financial / Management Accountant
- Dashboard Designer / Analyst / Developer
- Business Intelligence and Analytics Manager
- Business Intelligence and Analytics Architect
- Users of Self-Service Business Intelligence Tools
Course Trainer has more than 20 years of expertise in business intelligence, business analytics, operational reporting, data warehousing and other decision support projects. As Principal Consultant & Director, Course Trainer provides business decision makers with rapid access to their information for knowledgeable business outcomes. He is responsible for establishing the company’s innovation, growth, sales and marketing strategy. In addition, he combines his in-depth business and information technology expertise with his academic research and teaching experience to provide clients a hands-on approach by serving as a lead program director, solution architect and data modeller.
Course Trainer served from 2000 to 2009 as National Solutions Manager for business intelligence and analytics firm Wave Business Solutions. In this role, Course Trainer was responsible for the development and implementation of a number of information management-related solutions for clients across various industries.
From 1997 to 2000, Course Trainer was a Business Performance Reporting Analyst for AMP Financial Services. In this role, he was a liaison between the business and information technology departments in the ongoing support, maintenance and further development of a divisional management reporting system. Prior to that, he served as in multiple technology solutions project lead roles from 1995 to 1997 for financial services company Cuscal.
Course Trainer's academic accomplishments include having published a number of peer-reviewed conference and journal papers on business intelligence and analytics.
- Choosing the correct graphs
- Review and suggest improvements for data visualisations
- Review and suggest improvements for dashboard designs
- Case study introduction
- Dashboard design exercise
Interested to be part of this training?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
Hotel venue to be confirmed.