- This event has passed.
Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence System
June 7 - June 8
This 2-day workshop aims to provide practical knowledge, grounded in high quality academic research and industry best practice, which will help those managing and working in data warehouse projects ensure their projects are successful.
In this workshop, delegates will learn the practical knowledge of the factors that lead to a successful data warehouse and business intelligence system than supports your organisation's analytics programme and data-driven decision-making culture.
At the end of this workshop, delegates will understand how a data warehouse and business intelligence can be used to support and improve decision making in their organisation, learn the method to follow to build a successful data warehouse and business intelligence, and leave the workshop with the draft of a plan to implement the first phase of the project.
What you will learn from this workshop:
- Learn the latest concepts on how people in organisations use data to make informed decisions.
- Explore the limits of human decision making in a business context and how a data warehouse and business intelligence system can be used to support and improve data-driven decision making in an organisation.
- Identify the organisational, individual and technical factors that lead to successful data warehouse and business intelligence systems
- Master where and how data warehouse and business intelligence systems are most effective in organisations.
- Apply a life cycle method, derived from academic research and industry experience, that will allow you to plan and manage the implementation of an analytics system in your organisation.
- Create a draft strategy for your organisation's data warehouse and business intelligence systems and a develop a high-level plan to implement the first phase of the strategy.
This workshop is designed for both business and technical specialists working on data warehouse and business intelligence projects who want to maximise the likelihood of success of their project. No specific technical knowledge is required to gain value from the workshop. This workshop will also be suitable for senior managers and business executives who are sponsors of projects related to analytics.
The type of roles who would benefit from attending this workshop are:
- General Manager, Information Technology / Systems
- Enterprise Architect
- Data Architect
- Data Warehouse or Business Intelligence Manager
- Data Scientist
- Business Intelligence Analyst / Developer
- Project Director / Manager with responsibility for data warehouse or business intelligence projects
- Manager, Software Development
Course Trainer has more than 20 years of expertise in business intelligence, business analytics, operational reporting, data warehousing and other decision support projects. As Principal Consultant & Director, Course Trainer provides business decision makers with rapid access to their information for knowledgeable business outcomes. He is responsible for establishing the company’s innovation, growth, sales and marketing strategy. In addition, he combines his in-depth business and information technology expertise with his academic research and teaching experience to provide clients a hands-on approach by serving as a lead program director, solution architect and data modeller.
Course Trainer served from 2000 to 2009 as National Solutions Manager for business intelligence and analytics firm Wave Business Solutions. In this role, Course Trainer was responsible for the development and implementation of a number of information management-related solutions for clients across various industries.
From 1997 to 2000, Course Trainer was a Business Performance Reporting Analyst for AMP Financial Services. In this role, he was a liaison between the business and information technology departments in the ongoing support, maintenance and further development of a divisional management reporting system. Prior to that, he served as in multiple technology solutions project lead roles from 1995 to 1997 for financial services company Cuscal.
Course Trainer's academic accomplishments include having published a number of peer-reviewed conference and journal papers on business intelligence and analytics.
- Assess the maturity of data-driven decision making in your organisation.
- Create draft System Planning Phase outputs for your project.
- Consider the most appropriate architecture pattern for your project.
- Create draft user roles and user stories for your project
Interested to be part of this training?
Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel
392, Havelock Road,
T: (65) 6733 0880