- This event has passed.
Engineering, Procurement, Construction Contract Management
9-Jul-2018 - 11-Jul-2018
A three-day masterclass that will give delegates a thorough understanding of the nature of EPC contracting and the kinds of projects which normally require this approach. There will be an examination of how to analyse and apportion construction risks and the opportunity to gain a knowledge of the key provisions used in EPC contracts for the management of risk.
Using case studies, delegates will learn some of the main practical steps in successful contract negotiation and administration. Attendees will also become familiar with strategies for mitigating/avoiding the effects of construction disputes.
What you will learn from this Masterclass:
- UNDERSTAND how to select the optimal form of contract for any given project.
- RECOGNISE the necessary steps in administering an EPC contract to achieve completion on time and within budget.
- BECOME FAMILIAR with the forms of contract which provide the fairest and most bankable balance of risk: a summary of the main features of the FIDIC 2017 edition silver book.
- ABILITY to deal with cost overruns, claims and delays in a timely and collaborative manner.
- IDENTIFY design risk, design obligations and other key provisions in EPC contracts. Gaining a familiarity with anticipated negotiating positions of owners and contractors.
- MASTER how to allocate risk using a risk register and putting in place a contractual structure which effectively regulates the relationships between the parties.
- IDENTIFY the essentials of EPC contracting and the most beneficial applications of this approach.
- EXPERIENCE the use of mediation, dispute adjudication boards and other methods of minimising claims and disputes.
- Project Managers.
- Project Engineers.
- Quantity Surveyors.
- Commercial Managers and Directors.
- General Counsel .
And other Professionals active in process engineering, water treatment, waste management, power generation, oil and gas, petrochemicals and other industries involving the operation of industrial plant.
Armed with over 30 years of experience in construction law, Expert Trainer is an experienced legal consultant advising on projects and resolving disputes in the UK and internationally. His advisory work has included assisting governments and government entities, local authorities, lenders, consortia and concession companies, developers, engineers and contractors.
He has extensive knowledge of the principal sectors engaged with the construction industry, and a close understanding of the forms of contracts (and related legal materials) it uses, their structure and how they function in allocating risk.
Expert Trainer represents clients on construction industry disputes and in commercial transactions where construction is the major element. He has advised all the main sections of the industry on a very wide portfolio of cases. They have included resolving a complex mediation with several participants, an adjudication for a joint venture employer, negotiating a complex multi party EPC contract for an LNG terminal in India and politically sensitive contract documents for an iconic civic building in Hong Kong.
HIGH IMPACT LEARNING - Case Study 1
LNG fired Power Generation Scheme (1).
HIGH IMPACT LEARNING - Case Study 2
LNG fired Power Generation Scheme with multiple contracts (2).
HIGH IMPACT LEARNING - Case Study 3
Case study on DABs.
HIGH IMPACT LEARNING - Class Exercise
Practical exercise in compiling a risk register.
HIGH IMPACT LEARNING - Class Exercise
Practical example of assembling tender invitation documents.
Interested to be part of this training?
Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Hotel venue to be confirmed.